Thursday, September 9, 2010

AN ODE TO MY PILLOW

Oh pillow, my pillow,
You are my love, so true
You would never leave me
No matter what I do.

You tolerate me,
On nights when I come home late
You won't get jealous
If I go out on a date

You were with me
Through those adolescent years
You still loved me, even when,
I pretended you were Britney Spears

Oh pillow, my pillow
You are so soft
The next line has something to do,
With Lara Croft

You listened to all
My woes and worries
About women and life
And spicy curries.

You held my head,
Through all the exams and tests
You gave me a place
A place for my head to rest

Through break-ups and pimple breakouts
You were there for me
Sorry about spilling
All that hot tea.

Oh pillow my pillow
You provided solace
With you I listened to Yanni
Live at the Acropolis

With you I learnt,
That I was never alone
With you I could talk
For hours on the phone

Your pillowcase
In hues of pink
I still see your face
Of you, I often think

The day you left me
You left me shattered
Your stuffing lying around
Your pillowcase tattered

You said my brother did it
I didn't believe
You sighed a sigh
And took your leave

Till today I regret
Letting you go
In one day I went
From friend to foe.

Pillow left a long time ago. I hope wherever she is, she has found a good home, and a good man. And that whoever that man is, he gives her head.

No comments:

Post a Comment